TACAC Leaders Presenting at the 2016 GEAR UP Counselor Institute
The Professional Development Committee seeks to design and implement programs for TACAC members that promote learning and networking. It is our goal to have informative and relevant programs that provide higher education admission and secondary school professionals with opportunities to learn, grow, and remain energized by the important work that we do.
Programs and Events:
- Drive In Workshops - Day-long programs that provide high school and CBO counselors with relevant programing on college admission and application topics led by seasoned admission professionals.
- Middle Management Institute - An annual conference for seasoned admission professionals who have a genuine passion to grow professionally within the field of higher education. Attendees may have varying roles, including some leadership and supervisory responsibilities within their offices.
- Webinar Wednesday Series - Please join us quarterly from the comfort of your computers as TACAC brings you some dynamic speakers and interesting topics to help us learn and grow in this profession of College Admission Counseling. Whether you are on the high school or college side, these are discussions that will benefit us all. Grab your lunch, settle in at your desk, and log those professional development hours with us! Visit the event calendar for upcoming offerings.
- Mentorship Committee - Working to increase awareness and importance of building relationships between admission professionals while fostering development to gain leadership on the state and national levels.
- Admission and College Counseling Institute - Designed for high school counselors and new college admission professionals, this residential program is TACAC's most comprehensive professional development experience, providing sessions that cover topics to train and educate professionals in the field of college admissions and college admission counseling.
Co-Chair: Micah Lyles, The Hockaday School
Co-Chair: Jordan Sass, University of Houston
We welcome new committee members for any of our programs! Interested TACAC members should complete the volunteer form located on the TACAC website.
Anne Naman TACAC Fund
Anne Naman was an active TACAC member for over 20 years and received the Honorary Lifetime Member award in 2013. As a TACAC leader and mentor, Anne was a firm believer in the power of education and a strong proponent of professional development opportunities. In her memory, the Anne Naman TACAC Fund has been established to provide grant assistance to support programs and education professionals for their continued growth and development. Donate now!